Later that night our friend came over. I remembered him vaguely from the days of Machi, but I was very familiar with who he was because of Facebook. That night the guy came over to discuss business with Van, I guess he wanted Van to partner with him to do events with big time DJs from all around the world. I really wasn't too sure what they were talking about. So I just continued playing guitar on the couch while the two of them went on the Van's patio and talked business.
As I was sitting on the couch I was praying, "God give me some words about this guy, give me an opportunity to share the gospel with him."
Sure enough, I started getting some words about who he was. The words were kinda vague, but they were good enough to get his attention.
After they finished chatting I asked him if he wouldn't mind me praying for him. So I started praying for him from across the room. I told him that he was a man of faith. That his personality was the go get em type. That when he sees something he just goes after it. Regardless how big the risk it is he just goes after it. I prayed that he would make righteous decisions, and that God would honor him. I prayed that would God bless him, and protect him while he was out in the clubs. I prayed that he would have peace, and that God would give him wisdom about decisions that he would make in the future.
After the prayer he opened up a lot, and than we got to talking about how his grandfather was a super hardcore missionary from China. That he came to Taiwan from China merely with his father (a baby at the time) in one hand, a bible in the other hand, and a few mantou in his bag. What I found out was that he had grown up with Christians all around him all his life, but somewhere along the road the generational blessing had skipped his family. All of his
relatives were Christians, his cousins, his aunts and uncles, however his father seemed to have been jaded by something, and his immediate family was well... a little different. Well I should they were a lot different. Than he was saying how when he was younger he got really jaded by Christianity. How his cousins would always condemn him and his brother. How during family gatherings they were really the black sheep. That there would even be times when they all got together and everyone would want to pray for them, and cast out demons and things, turning them even further away from God. We laughed about how they were the kids that stood outside smoking while all the other kids were inside the church.
In my heart I was broken, because I knew something that was good went bad in their family. That the God-given inheritance for him had been stolen away. After he shared a bit of his background, I asked him if he'd heard the Gospel. I think he said yes, but I knew he wasn't too clear about it, so I explained everything as clearly as I could. I told him how God loves him, and that it's not about who you are what you do or what you've done. That threre's nothing you can to do right to make God love you more or, and there's nothing you can do wrong to make God love you less (quote from Jaeson Ma). God loves you so much that he sent his son Jesus to die for your sins.
I prayed for him again, this time asking God to release the spiritual inheritance upon him. That God would make right the things wrong in his life. That all the lies that caused him to turn away from God be removed and that he would see God for who he was. I asked him if he wanted to receive Jesus, but he wasn't ready at that moment, so it was cool. I told him he could do it by himself if he wanted when he got home. I told him, simply pray, "Jesus Save Me."
He seemed really happy and touched, Van and him talked briefly about some more business and than he left.
I had no idea that only a few months later his life would be radically transformed. That God was so after him, and so jealous for his heart that He would meet him personally and deliver him from a world of chaos, fear, and death.
God is so awesome. Thank God for saving this awesome brother. He is an amazing person. God is going to definitely use him.
-ed

No comments:
Post a Comment